Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Illuminator

My homemade illuminator is about 25 years old, actually it's from my dad but he give it to me :). He made it in 1988-89 and till now it's still works well. I believe that will working another 25 years hahah. Design of the illuminator is really simple. For the UV bulb used mercury VTF 125W bulb without outside glass. If you creating one for yourself you have to carefully break or cut glass outside bulb(red on the picture). What is important for you to have untouched UV emitter (green on the picture). In addition you have to put silencer before connecting to city network or you will destroy the bulb. Construction is from iron, two bars, two screws and the shield(for directing UV Light)

That's pretty much it!






Some picture of my illumintor

You can see how it looks like

Under this shield is bulb

The silencer



0 comments:

Post a Comment